YO26 has been designed and built completely to our own technical specifications and business requirements. We control every single aspect of the service — from the land, to the power, network, and servers.
Our ownership of the whole project means we can stand behind the data centre’s stability. So you can trust us to deliver the best possible service without having to deal with multiple suppliers.
- 1MVA primary power supply from a dedicated substation on the 11kV distribution ring.
- Backup generator with 24 hour runtime and a six hour priority fuel supply contract.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply system delivering power with N+1 resiliency and option of N+N.
- Airedale SmartCool units providing cooling with N+1 resiliency.
- Fresh air cooling when exterior ambient temperature is below 21.5C or below to minimise electricity usage.
- Racks arranged in contained cold aisle with ceiling tiles, doors and blanked racks to minimise air leakage.
- Diverse fibre entry points into the building to separate core network racks.
- Fibre routed diversely within the building from network to server racks.
- Dedicated connections from our building to the rest of our national network.
Safety and security
- Staff on call 24/7.
- Very Early Smoke Detection and Alarm system (VESDA).
- Double knock fire alarm system connected to a non-destructive fire suppression using FM200 gas.
- 24/7 security with remotely monitored CCTV connected to security and police response. - Access control system for entry to and control within the building.