DigitalOcean is a cloud infrastructure provider focused on simplifying web infrastructure for software developers.
What are DigitalOcean's key advantages?
- SSD-only cloud – DigitalOcean's servers use only high-performance Solid State Disks. Their speed directly benefits the performance of hosted web sites and applications. All DigitalOcean cloud servers are live and configurable in less than one minute.
- Simple Control Panel – DigitalOcean's command center makes configuring cloud servers and development frameworks simple and intuitive.
- Professional hosting starting at $5 U.S. per month – DigitalOcean's transparent and simple pricing model starts at $5 per month and offers hourly billing.
- Active Developer Community – DigitalOcean's community pages are continually updated and moderated. Developers will find numerous tutorials, a robust Q & A section, and myriad community projects.
- Linux distributions/one-click installations – DigitalOcean offers five popular Linux distributions that can be automatically pre-installed upon deployment of a server: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, and CoreOS. FreeBSD is also supported. A multitude of application stacks can be installed with just one click, including LAMP, LEMP, MEAN, and Docker; also development frameworks Ruby on Rails, Django and node; as well as popular applications like eCommerce software Magento, CMS solutions Wordpress and Ghost, and MediaWiki.